nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So today was my first day trying to stay away from the white stuff.  Breakfast was 1 egg + 1 eggwhite with a banana and coffee with no cream. Coffee was not a 'happy" moment for me but it wasn't bad.

Having eggs (even though I ate earlier than normal) kept me pretty full this morning.

I ran some errands instead of walking at noon but when I returned, I had spinach, broccoli slaw, sunflower and pumpkin seeds with strawberries. Oh how i missed my feta cheese and raspberry/walnut vinegret. It contained sugar so I skipped it.  I also ate 3 dried prunes for texture.

 Outside my office window is an orange tree. Our B&G guy picked me a bucket full.  Can't get any more "paleo" than that... Speaking of Paleo. I'm confused. Can I eat yams and raw honey? I'll continue to monitor blogs to get ideas of how to eat grain free. The challenge is to get my protein with each meal. 

Here I am eating my orange right off the tree. Oh my, someone is in need of a haircut and color.  Hopefullyk, while everyone is watching super bowl, I'll be sitting in a chair getting beutified....Note to self: ignore the double chin chica.  It's all good.

 Around 4:00, I wanted sunflower seed butter so I cut 1/2 an apple and ate away. I absolutely love sunflower seed butter.

After work, I hit the grocery store for some fresh veggies and lean meats. I know I shouldn't eat processed foods but does buying a roasted chicken in the deli count as processed? I'm okay with it...

I sauted some broccoli in olive oil and chowed down on some pollito.  My dessert will be green tea with raw honey.  Not bad for Day 1.

I'm off to have hubby time on the couch. Later gators.

5 comments:

  1. Wow you had a great food day!! Love that you can get oranges right off the tree Yum!!!

    Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes on the yams, but for weight loss they say no. However, I've been eating them, and I am losing. It is mostly the issue with glucose, if you aren't an athlete, then you shouldn't eat a yam. "Pa carajo" (as my mother says) with that one. Honey, no. However there are two camps on that one. Because the issue is getting excess sugar. I would say for your 15 day trial, no. But if you aren't going crazy with it, then go for it.

    Yes, get protein in every meal. That is the point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks rosa. I wanna say "i'm an athlete because of zumba" but it would be a lie. Heeehehe. Pa carajo as your mom would say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tagged you in a post today....come see :)

    ReplyDelete