nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Sunday, February 12, 2012

fallin off the paleo wagon

Had my ganddaughter for the weekend and I found myself falling into old habits. Like eating leftover buckwheat pancakes from her plate. Then dinner at SIL.  All was good until they rolled out the home made corn tortillas. Then there was the slice(s) of cake (yellow cake mix w/canned pumpkin).  These foods are not terribly bad but I can't help feeling like I let myself down.

Note to self:  You're human. You don't want perfection. You just want something in between.  Fridge is stocked with fruits, veggies and lean proteins. I'm ready to keep pedalling.

4 comments:

  1. note here too: WE ARE ALL HUMAN.

    xo xo

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE HUMAN! Get over it. Start fresh, if you want. DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP. I am not 100% paleo. The dark chocolate nightly and bag of m&m's while watching Dwayne Johnson at the movies makes it not so. I am not going to worry about it. I will do my best. It will be okay for you. The reason I won't eat grains is because I think I am allergic.

    How did you feel physically (not emotionally) afterwards? Did you have trouble breathing? Did you have bad stomach pain, diarrhea or constipation, etc? If you were okay physically, then no worries. If you were not okay, then you may have an intolerance to something and you should consider getting off of that food for good. That is all.

    Today is a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persistance, not perfection. As long as you get back up, you're good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops...persistence. It would help if I spelled it correctly.

    ReplyDelete