nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday indeed

How's it going?  I'm chugging along. I've been off my "grain free" plan since Feb. 16th but have been trying to slowly get back in the swing of things.  My goal has been to continue with the protein for b-fast.

 This is one egg+1 egg white with Tapatio sauce.  This breakfast really stays with me.

 During lunch, I went to student center and asked for my usual.  Instead of my "bunless" burger, the cook gave me a bun. 

At least it's whole wheat.  Once you start eating sweets, then the craving for bread returns.

 After work, I headed over to my daughter so we can figure out how to facetime on my new ipad2.  She was serving chicken tacos and since I already  had grains at lunch, I made a quick salad of spinach, tomatoes, shredded chicken and more HOT SAUCE.

Once I was home. I continued to play with my ipad and watched snipets of  The Walking Dead 2. I had no idea this show started back up.  I kept closing my eyes when they were killing the zombies. So much gore and blood. Do you like zombie movies?

So today is Mardi Gras and there a party in my morning office. See those monster cookies dipped in fudge?. I couldn't resist and had one with coffee. The sugar monster has definitely returned.  I'm trying to slay him but am not having much luck.
Working in two offices is pretty cool now that I've gotten used to my routine.  Except... I'm around more food and more office shindigs...whatayagonnado?

I decided to eat my lunch of roasted chicken, carrots, cauliflower and turnips.  Turnips are really doing it for me lately since I miss potatoes as well.

I have a question: Does anyone know what Marti Gras or Fat Tuesday is all about?  For now, I'm going to refer to FAT TUESDAY because of all the treats in my morning office.

Off to for walk/jog.

2 comments:

  1. yay for having an iPad :) I love mine. If you need any help with it, don't hesitate to ask. I like to explain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fat Tuesday is actually a translation of the words Mardi Gras. It is the day before Lent begins, which is celebrated by Catholics as well as some other Christian denominations. During Lent they give luxury things up for 40 days, whether it is food or objects or something, and Mardi Gras is the last day to indulge in those things. Tomorrow will be Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent, and many draw crosses made of ash on their forehead as a sign of repentance to God. Of course, in New Orleans, Mardi Gras lasts more than just one day, but for the religious purposes, it is just today.

    ReplyDelete