nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, February 23, 2012

gripa and rituals

Hi friends. Happy Thursday. I was out sick yesterday with a cold.  The first day of a cold is always the hardest. Instead of going to work, I called in and layed in bed until 8 a.m.  Then I remembered I have an ipad2. Why not watch a movie in bed. So not only did I watch a movie. I watched North and South.  I love watching period pieces.

It was easy to eat healthy while at home. After all, I have all kinds of veggies and lean meat in my fridge.  I even scrambled some eggs for dinner. 

I'm at work today.  Having  yesterday to just lay around certainly helped.  Daniel asked me why I get sick so often and I really don't have an answer. I eat healthy and exercise. I've just accepted that I have asthma and a cold can kick my ass if I don't care for myself and so I felt no guilt about yesterday. It's what I need to do so I don't end up with bronchitus. Is it mental? Maybe.  But if I don't care for myself, who will? 

So even though I brought gym clothes to work. Instead of a workout, I treated myself to chicken soup, lemon and lots of hot sauce...  Everyting tastes better with hot sauce, don't you think?
When you're catching a cold, do you have a ritual that helps you feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment