nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Do you enjoy Valentines day?  I enjoy chocolate but not the presure of gift giving. My amorcito is not a gift giver. Does this make me sad?  Only on valentines day.  I know in the grand scheme of things, it should not matter.  He did whisper in my ear "te quiero y feliz dia de los enamorados" (i love you and happy valentines day).  I kinda half heard him. Why give him the cold shoulder? Well, after 11.5 years together and my constant reminders, the man just doesn't get it!!! A card, a love note or candy. I know I am a walking contradiction but it is valentines day, after all.

He does do many things every day of the year to make me feel special. Like gasing up my car and de-icing my windows before he leaves for work so it's one less thing I have to do. Not to mention he awakes earlier on weekends and brings me coffee. I'm trying to feel better about not getting flowers or chocolates while others around are having flowers delivered. I guess it's more noticeable now that I'm working in another office. I know I sound like a whiny baby but it's okay. This is why I blog...
On a brighter note-- I did receive apples and oranges from a co-worker, was sung to by a quartet of 4 ex-deans and was given a valentine and sugar cookie by a friend.  That certainly made me smile.

Are you expecting anything nice for V-day or is it just a regular kinda day?

2 comments:

  1. Mostly regular day. Did get a card, but need to remember that the generous heart de-ices windows and opens pill bottles all year round. Two of my colleagues gave me a few pieces of my favorite chocolate -- Mr. Goodbar. I did have a couple of minutes of feeling very sorry for myself when I saw the flower boxes get delivered.

    Happy Valentine wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttercup. We do need to remember that 'acts' go further than 'trinkets'.

    Thanks for reminding me I'm not alone. Happy belated v-day.

    ReplyDelete