nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Friday, February 17, 2012

blessings

Hi there, how's your day going? Yesterday, we celebrated my daughter's 32nd birthday. Wow, where did the year go?  I left work early to stop at the Mexican market near my office.  The only thing I miss about my old neighorhood is not being near one of these....


 There's something unique about shopping at one of these markets. There is more inner-action with the butcher, the baker and I find people so friendly and talkative.

 The bakery... O.M.G.  I stood around smeeling the fresh bread and oogling the pastelitos.

I got to my daughters house and she had already started the posole. I went to her house during lunch to deliver the pork and chile verde that I prepared in advance.
 Here is my bowl of posole. I used a kids bowl and topped with shredded cabbage and lemon.

We had geletina (Mexican jello) and my son brought these cubcakes.  We all shared a few so we could taste them.  I definitely at more sugar than I have in weeks and my stomach paid the price. I was sick afterwards. This is the 3rd time I've eaten sweets and have gotten sick after going grain free. I told myself I would go grain free for 2 weeks. I am going to continue on but accept that from time to time, I will not be 100%.  Eating less sugar, grains and carbs will be the goal.

I had a very lovely day and I am thanking the good Lood for all his blessing. Have a great day all. I'm off to conquer my Friday....

2 comments:

  1. had wondered for a while now where you disappeared to <3 so glad your back to blogging, I have some reading to do to catch up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've told you many times, that is okay. The goal is to limit the sugar and grains. Well, I did such a poor job with the sugar. Chocolate is my weakness.

    Happy Birthday to your girl.

    Rosa @stuffingmyfeelings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete