nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Sunday, February 19, 2012

being present

Happy Sunday all. The weather today is just gorgeous. My morning started with coffee and fidding with my new ipad2.  It was a weekend splurge and I totally deserve.  Unfortunately, my weekend found me at this taco stand near my old neighborhood. For as much as I disliked the old "barrio", I totally miss spots like this...


 My eating continued down hill at BIL house.  There was carne asada, tostadas and enselada de nopal (cactus salad). I stuck with the carne asada and nopales until I saw the chip... Let's just say I had crumbs all over my face by the end of the night.  I've been off my paleo eating for 5 days now.  Not to frettt...

I started my Sunday morning with a bach of turkey kelbalsa and veggies.

 Then visited with my sister and planned a family baseball game for next week.  Daniel wanted to head to the movies but honestly? The weather is too pretty to sit inside. I grabbed my bike and headed out.

 Saw some turkeys on the way to Fair Oaks. Today was the first time I rode in heavy traffic. I was nervous and because I don't have a helmet decided to ride on the back roads where the gorgeous houses are located. How lucky am I that I have streets and streets like this within walking distance of my house.



 I kept snapping random photos and this one makes me laugh.  Bootie-li-cious....
It's still pretty gorgeous outside. Makes me excited for spring. I absolutely love riding my bike. It's the closest I can come to being a kid. As I rode, I just breathed in the wonderful smells of outdoors and thanked God for blessing me the ability to ride a bike. I know that may sound silly but it's important to appreciate the small things and not take too much for granted.
What small thing are you grateful for?

2 comments:

  1. I adore the shadow picture.
    today? Im grateful these no school and my girl is at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your picture blogs...It's beautiful. Life is good, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete