nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Saturday, February 4, 2012

i'm sure I'll get better at "grain free" as the days roll by

My head is pounding and I feel tired and sluggish.  I'm feeling the affects of no sugar, no grains.  My morning started out with coffee and a banana since I was out of eggs.  Around 10 a.m., I ate a bed of spinach with chicken sausage and peppers.

 I had to resist the free pizza that was served in the gazebo today.  Then, I realized that I had a lunch event. I was co-captain at work on our Fit for Life team and we came in 1st place.  We had a celebratory lunch which included chicken sandwhich from Old Soul. I love that place. Fresh bread. 

 It took everything I had not to eat the bread. Instead, I ate the insides of the sandwhich and threw away the break Can you believe I licked it and then was completely disgusted with self. 

Since I was still hungry I munched on these strawberries.


Boy did Friday drag along.  Around 4 p.m., I ate more spinach, broccoli slaw and avocado. It needed something and then I realized I had a can of tuna. I know that is processed and I'm not following paleo to the "T". I'm merely making it work for me where I can.

I needed to eat something with protein because I was going to join my friend Delia for a zumba class at a new location that's very close to work.  The class is earlier which means I come home earlier.  Everyone was very friendly. Shared with me the weight they have lost in just 3 weeks.  I am very happy for them.  I am surprised that I'm not feeling sorry for myself for not losing weight. I think I"m making peace with my body. I merely commented to the ladies "Im not losing, but hey, I'm not gaining. I guess I love tortillitas..."  They laugh.

20 minutes into zumba and I feel BEAT.  There are moments that I feel a wave of energy and I'm going fast... then I peeter out. I was so relieved when that class was over.  I got home by 7:10 and made dinner for Daniel and I.  Ground turkey with more peppers.


 I had mine over a bed of lettuce. Daniel ate his in a burrito. I was too tired to shower.  I know.I know... I feel asleep in my "funk" on the couch.

Well, it's Saturday morning. I've had my breakfast of eggs and bacon. I'm assuming I can eat bacon because I've seen  it on other blogs but to me?  It's a processed food so I will not be eating bacon again. Too many nitrates and bad stuff.  I'm sure I will get better at being grain free as the days roll by.

Well, I'm off to do something ACTIVE. How about you?

5 comments:

  1. paula, if things don't get better in a day or two you may want to switch up your diet...it may not be for everyone...some people need carbs...some people need high protein..I read something about this once..I am going to look it up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at paleo, but not ready to make the jump. I've got some walking to do this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris. I'm hoping the headache will subside. @Buttercup. Enjoy your walk. Hopefully, the weather is cooperating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great. I eat bacon. I buy it nitrate free from Trader Joes. That is the only way I buy it. It is better for us and better for my kids too.

    Great job at resisting the bread. Good job using the tuna. It helps. You should have protein at every meal.

    The fog of paleo will lift. Then you are left with so much clarity. You'll be quicker mentally and physically. We are so preconditioned to thinking that we need carbs, but you can get carbs and fiber from sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, root veggies. I am at a point where it is so instinctual to eat Paleo. I immediately resist any tempting food put before me. Well, except dark chocolate. What are ya gonna do about that?

    And did you have to take a pic of the Bluebook. I thought the last time I'd see that thing was 11 years ago. ;)

    Rosa @stuffingmyfeelings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going from the standard diet to a paleo diet/low carb/sugar free will leave you with detox symptoms. Yes, your body is going through withdrawl. It feels like you are coming down with the flu without ever actually getting the flu. It does get better!

    ReplyDelete