nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year friends. Luckily, I got plenty of rest last night and slept well. The morning started out with a little rain in SacTown so I thought I'd treat myself to Old Soul. I parked my car next to the Guild Theatre. Isn't this a cool building? The Mayor who was raised in Oak Park bought several buildings and had them restored.


 Old Soul is one of those buildings. They make the best latte.  I had a doctor's visit yesterday and due to my Gerd, he recommended I give up coffee. I'm seriously thinking about it and that's sort of what drew me to get the  latte this morning for breakfast. Tell me I can't have something and that's the first thing I want. I'm my worse enemy.

Here I am leaving with my cup of goodness.

My sister Vi is returning to Texas tomorrow and so I invited her to lunch.  I wanted vietnamese but she wanted to visit El Novillero. It was one of her favorite spots when she lived in Sacramento.

This staircase makes no sense since it doesn't lead to anywhere. I love the Hacienda feel of the place. Don't you think this would make a great place for a wedding?
 I ordered two flautas ala cart. They were huge. I asked the waiter for a container and then gave it to my sister.  I was full from eating chips n salsa. I had to really contain myself as I can easily inhale an entire basket. Eating was far from perfect. But at least I'm conscious of I'm doing.

After work, I headed over to Trader Joes. I needed a few items. My thought is if I have some quick "go to foods" then I will eat out less and or indulge in the food Daniel cooks.

 Here's my loot.  I will try to continue on with the grain free but there will be times I'll need to reach for grains.  The more I place foods off limits, the more I want them.

With groceries put away, I picked out some meat from the carne con papas Daniel cooked and made a quick salad.
 Dessert was two cups of mango.  Daniel had chocolate with a glass of milk. Then we settled on the sofa to watch Secretariat in Spanish. 
It's one thing to speak Spanish and it's another thing to watch a movie in Spanish.  I always wish I had the talent to write a Novela... Anywhooooo, I'm off to bed. Hope you all had a great day.

I really am looking forward to the start of March... How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE El Novillero - their food is so so good! Now I think I need to make a trip over there!

    ReplyDelete