nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, February 2, 2012

burning fat or burning calories?

Hola,

Just got back from zumba and class totally kicked my arce.  30 minutes into class and I had no energy. I betcha anything its due to the lack of carbs. I was so tempted to eat my sweet potato before class but if I'm going to go grain free---then there's no cheatin.  I think the reason I was feeling light headed, tired and out of it was because my body is burning stored calories vs recently eaten calories. It's only day 2 but we shall see.

Breakfast was vanilla protein powder (diabetic friendly), banana, berries and almond breeze.  I snacked on 1/2 pear and then found myself starvin at 11:30.  I ate my broccoli, chicken and the other half of the pear and then headed out for 2.5 mile walk. Lovin th is weather.

Around 4:30, I went to the student center and they had a taco bar. Yay.. that's exactly what I wanted. I ate lettuce, tomatoes, onions and shredded chicken with lots of salsa.  Then headed to zumba around 6:30.  Why do woman take their little kids to zumba? It's just not safe but I understaned. They have to make it work and I was extra careful not to plow into the little 3 year old that was next to me.

After coming home, I prepped for tomorrow. I have onions, garlic and 3 types of peppers all chopped up in a ziplock baggie. They'll be helpful for egg scrambles or salads.  I then cooked up chicken (glutten free) sausages. I know I"m not suppose to eat processed meats but I had to use them. I just hate wasting food. Surely the cavemen made some sort of sausage, right?  I also shredded lettuce and carrots so I can have quick salads.  I found myself eating too much fruit today and that equals shuuugah.... No bueno.

Well, have a great evening. I'm about to watch Grey's Anatomy.  That show has sort of lost it's zest but what can I say, I 'm loyal to McDreamy and Meredith.  Later, gators.

5 comments:

  1. LOL at the zest comment.
    I stopped watching years ago---but have been almost sucked back in!! happpy weekend. finally.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good way to make sure you are getting loads of nutrients is to maybe substitute spinach for lettuce. are you allowed to eat broccoli and brussels sprout on this eating plan? Maybe more solid veggies. lol. after day three in any truly low carb plan will usually result in an energy burst..just go light on sugar. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi PWC! Glad to see you're back. I took a hiatus from blogging and also decided I missed it!

    I'm going to try and read your posts up to now, because I'm considering trying the whole paleo thing myself. Good luck - I'll be checking in to see how it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty darn good day. Fruit over grains is my motto. You need fiber, and fruit provides that. You had pretty good veggies too. Great job. I love reading your progress.

    Rosa @stuffingmyfeelings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just re-read this. I eat sweet potato and I am not exercising as much as you. You can have it. Just not twice a day. Mix it up.

    ReplyDelete