nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Monday, November 19, 2012

Fear can be crippling, if you let it.

Hello friends, happy Monday. Can you believe Thanksgiving is just days away?  With that thought,  I felt the need to get out of the house and hit the grocery store.  Daniel is home so I would not need to drive.

It was a process to head out. Let me explain.

First, my drains were removed and I could shower. I was and am scared to see my body in it's new form. I cannot describe the overwhelming emotions that came over me after my appointment.  I found myself crying over the loss of my breast.  It felt almost primal but then.... I was so happy to have a fighting chance against breast cancer and so I told self" ENOUGH....

With that... I showered. Got dressed and wore a bulky sweater.  I felt so blessed with all the support I have received that I felt it was time to bless someone else. So I shopped for a Thanksgiving dinner for a loved one.

It felt good. Then, I sat with a friend who is having a rough time.  I listened and it felt good to be a blessing to someone else.

I am extremely fortunate. I give thanks to God that I am able to say that despite the challenge I am facing. All my fear and anxiety has been given to him.  Every time I have a negative thought or feeling, I remind self that if the thought is neither lovely, pure, truthful or honest that I should vanish it from my mind. It's helping. 

I am waiting for Oncology and chemo.  I am ready to HIT this thing full force. Life is sweet and I am going to enjoy all of it.... regardless of the challenges. I am happy for the visual pictures in my head i.e., climbing Mt. Tallac, climbing a 50 ft. water slide.  Fear can be crippling.  But if you face it. Head on, you feel like a Giant for having done so.  And so, this too I will face and overcome.

I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Let's embrace our children, family and friends.   Let's be present.  

This morning, my plan is to shower. Dress and get outside. The sun is shining and maybe I can walk a mile or two... Wish me luck.  Later, gators.  

paula





4 comments:

  1. I know you have all the support you need, but I wish I were able to help in some way. You have always been an inspiration and motivator to me. I know you will fight this too. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear can definitely be crippling -- I've been there. And I overcame it just like you are/will!

    2 Timothy 1:7 - "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

    ReplyDelete