nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Be it a wig, pan dulce or fall colors

Can you believe I lounged in bed this morning, drinking  coffee, and watching music videos from the 80s and 90s.  It felt so weird to just lay there.... but I reminded self that resting is important.

After awhile, I woke up and scrambled me two eggs and topped with home made salsa.


 I heated up a corn tortilla to go along with my eggs.  Eggs are a good way to start the morning, don't you think?

Around 11 a.m., I was craving a snack so I sliced an apple and helped myself to the sunflower seed butter.  Man, that stuff is my favorite.

Afterwards, I decided to change clothes and drive my son home. I did not feel like wearing makeup so I didn't.  That's the beauty of having time off I guess.

The plan was for my son and I to stop off at a wig shop before taking him home. I realize that I am not a turbin or scarf wearing person.  Somehow, those just scream I HAVE CANCER and well, I am tired of C taking up most of my thoughts so I decided a wig is the way to go when the time comes.


I think this wig above is closest to my original hair color and I like the highlights.


I tried on this bob-type wig which I wasn't a fan of....


And of course, you gotta try on a different hair color and length just for shits and giggles.  

After my short experiment with wigs, I asked the sales lady to write down my name and the wig style so that I can return later for it when the time comes.  This way I can just run in and get it if I need it.  You know it helps to plan and this is something I have control over and so the more I can do prior to chemo, the better.

After our wig shopping, we stopped off at a mexican bakery to pick up some pan dulce for my son.  I'm not going to lie. I did have a slice of fresh bread with cheese and jalapenos. I understand that I'll need to avoid spicy food in the weeks to come so I had to get my chile on...

My son lives in mid-town and I just had to take a picture of the leaves across from his apartment.


I just love the way these two trees frame this old building.

Today feels like a good and productive day, even though I lounged around in bed until 10 am.   Finding joy in the smallest of pleasures. Be it a wig, pan dulce, or beautiful fall leaves.

Dinner will be a Asian slaw salad that I'll be prepping later today. HOpe you all have a banging Wednesday.

TTFN.


2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. I love your grin in the long-haired wig. LOL.
    And I know what you mean about getting your chile on...I love spicy (extra, extra, nose running spicy)food! :)
    Be blessed my friend. Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I took my mom to a mammogram appt. Two ladies with cancer getting a checkup told me that there is a hospital program that provides a free wig of the woman's choosing when she is diagnosed with Cancer and has to go through chemo. Is it possible there may be a program in your area that provides the same?

    Thinking of you always. And listen the shits and giggles one is caliente!

    ReplyDelete