nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Why is it hard to eat less?

It was 107 degrees yesterday in Sacramento. And the air was filled with smoke.  I felt so out of it with a headache that the couch just called out my name.

Woke up feeling a little more energized and breakfast was overnight oats (1/2 rolled oats, 1/2 fage yogurt, 1 tbs. chia seeds, 1 banana and strawberry jam).  It was good.

I'm still striving to get back to my routine of working out during my lunch hour. It helps to park your car outside the gym. I make sure I always have the gym back in the trunk so there is no excuse.

It worked today.


Why is it that even after I've showered and dressed, I'm still a sweaty mess? 

I brought my lunch but working out meant walking all the way back to my morning office.  Since it wouldn't leave me time to get back to job #2, it was the salad bar at the student center. I can't feel bad about this purchase because sometimes, you just have to do what's convenient. It was either buy lunch or be hungry and fall to the temptations of the junk food at job #2.

I love a well stocked salad bar.  I had tuna, lettuce, walnuts, cranberries, garbanzo beans. And wow, what a great combination. Who knew?

Snack was a can of sugar free cling peaches.

I love cling peaches.  I've been in search for Cling Peaches with no luck so this will do.

I have zumba tonight and so I won't be hungry during class, I'm drinking lots of water and a protein shake. I can't concentrate in class when I'm hungry. So hoping the shake will curb that hunger.

I admire those who don't eat after a certain hour. Because I will get home around 7:45 p.m., I often tell myself I won't eat but it's a lie.  I wish I could stay out of the fridge.  I always promise myself, but then there's that freakin hunger. Just sitting there nagging me to eat.  The only time I am not hungry is when I have eaten something completely satisfying like fajitas, tacos or subway. It makes me ponder whether it's really "hunger" or "just disatisfaction" with what I've eaten. I need to explore that more.  Does anyone else experience "hunger" all the time?

Why is it so hard to eat less?  That's the big question, isn't it?

2 comments: