nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Friday, August 17, 2012

Dear Paula

It's Friday and after work, you'll be driving to South Lake Tahoe and will check into a hotel and acclimate  yourself to the altitude for the next morning, you'll climb Mt. Tallac for the second time.  I know you're nervous.  Last time was an 'ordeal.'  You got separated from your friend.  You spent 11 hours on the mountain and well, you didn't make it to the summit because of time and exhaustion.

Try not to worry. You're in good shape physically. You have a plan so that you won't get separated.  You will be with experienced hikers and try to enjoy yourself. DO NOT THINK ABOUT THE LAST FEW MILES BEFORE REACHING THE SUMMIT.  You can do this.... The key is to get an EARLY start.

Now relax and enjoy your journey. YOU'RE CLIMBING MT. TALLAC FOR THE SECOND TIME!  And the cherry on top is you're doing this 1 week before your 50th birthday.  Who would have thought....

******

Note: It  helps to have these conversations with self.  It's up to ME to make things happen for myself. Especially when there's a small amount of apprehension and even dread. I dread the amount of energy it will take me to reach the summit. My first time up, I didn't know what it would take and now,  knowing, well... let's just say ignorance is bliss....

Here's to reaching the summit....

Life is sweet. Don't you agree?  So what are your plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday! Climbing a mountain sounds like an awesome way to celebrate a little early. Good luck to you and hope you have a great time.
    Plans for the weekend: stay on plan. Easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to start your birthday week! I hope you enjoy it and reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing your recap on capping the mountain~! I talk to myself all the time too! It really does work.

    I just wanted to say I love your blog, I always read but just now signed up as a follower, I normally come from WW For Life's blog.

    You are so real, down to earth and not the least bit whingy or complaining, even when things don't go well, you pull yourself up and just DO.

    ReplyDelete