nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Both can reside side-by-side

Wow. I did not expect to receive the comments I did on my question of the day. I guess I'm not alone in this area.  Now that I do not work alone, I do care what people think of me. Especially since I pretty much speak my mind and I could use a filter. It's hard watching what you say, don't you think?

Anyways, thank you for those who commented. I am not alone and there is comfort in that.

Well. today is the big day. I turn 50.  I had a phone call from my oldest sister that nearly made me cry.  After hanging up, I longed for my mother.  I know. I know... stupid. 50 year old woman wanting her mother.  She's been gone for 28 years and yet, all I want to be is her daughter today. 

After those thoughts, I changed and headed to a zumba class. There is an instructor near my old house and I took her morning class.  Afterwards, I walked to the park. As I was driving home, I was reminded of my many blessings and it has put me in a better place.

I think as we age, we begin to think about our mortality. I am pleased that 50 years finds me CLIMBING A MOUTAIN. RIDING 25 MILES, ZUMBA, JOGGING AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAPPIER THAN I HAVE EVER BEEN.

Life is sweet. Here's to longevity and good health.

Thank you for reading today. I felt the need to be here and ponder my thoughts. Especially the longing for my mother.  It's okay to miss someone and still be happy.  Both can reside side by side.

Here's to being in the best shape I can be.  Cheers.






4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Paula. I'm sure your mom is proud of the woman you are today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. I think birthdays are a natural time for reflection and missing those we love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy fifty and many more, especially with good health and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your birthday was enjoyable and kicks off a great year!

    ReplyDelete