nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The quest for balance

Hi friends, how is your Sunday? This morning, after having a hearty breakfast of beans, chorizo, salsa and queso fresca, Daniel and I headed out to the bike trail for our 25 mile bike ride.



I find that when I bike or hike, I need to load up on carbs so I took advantage of the long ride and had chorizo and beans. Yum

We headed out early since the temperature was going to reach 105 today.

We rarely stopped for breaks today. Only for water. At around mile 15, my legs started to feel it.  At one point, I thought I had a flat because I just couldn't pedal anymore. So happy I pushed on.  We did our 25 miles and was I glad to come home to an air conditioned house.

Afterwards we cleaned up, and I had a snack and then we headed out for haircuts and a touch up.  Don't you just hate it when the stylist gets scissor happy? She cut off at least an inch and a half.
Afterwards, we went to get hair cuts.

After our haircuts, I made ham, provolone, spinach avocado sandwhich on whole wheat and ate a large broccoli slaw, nuts and cranberry salad.

I'm resting around the house and feel bored. So I started to cut up veggies and prep for the week.

That means grillin time.

I have turkey kelbalsa, eggplant, onions, squash from the garden and a few brussell sprouts for good measure. I love having roasted veggies to add to salads during he week.



The weekend has been low key compared to other weekends. I will be 50 in a few weeks and it feels like i am in a race to do so much so taking it easy today is a challenge.  Balance it not easy, right?  I feel anxious laying around the house.  It's like I hate wasting a weekend. But with the heat and my asthma, it's the best place for me. Besides, resting my legs is a good thing. Especially since I will be climbing Mount Tallac in South Lake Tahoe next weekend.

I want to share my previous climb and how I feel about doing it again but I'll save that for another post.

Well friends, that's all I got.  I'm going lay about on the couch since there's not much more to do in this heat.

Later, gators

How about you my friend? Are you enjoying your quest for balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment