nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Friday, August 10, 2012

getting it done

It's Friday.... I find that I pack so much into my weekend that by Monday, I need a day off. 

My morning started out with coffee and some zuchinni bread my SIL made. I know... not the greatest breakfast.  I realize weight loss is 75% what you eat and 25% what you do.  I've just accepted this revelation and well, you know what they say, acceptance is the first step, right?

Lunch was a trip to the yogurt bar. Then a handful of nuts and too many red vines. 

It was about 1:30 p.m. and I thought "paula, you need to run. It's Friday.."  It's so freakin hot outside so I gathered my "commitment" and headed to the gym on campus.  It felt great to see my fellow co-workers/gym rats there. I've missed them. I loathe the treadmill. It was hot and the guys were watching basketball and well, I finally know who Lebraun James is...

I brought my phone to listen to music but I couldn't get wifi for some reason so... there I was on the rat wheel with no musica.  I jogged 1.5 miles in 21 minutes. 


Damn, was it hot inside the gym.  I am very self-conscious about my chubby legs, but hey, we're all at the gym for the same reason...

After the 1.5 miles, it was time for a cold shower.


I don't know about you but I am always self-conscious about undressing in front of others at the gym.  I always change behind that curtain.

I dreaded my 1.5 miles today but I kept thinking YOU WILL FEEL SO AWESOME AFTERWARDS. And that my friends was what got me there...

We never regret the gym, do we? 

Have a fabulous weekend friends. It's going to be 107 on Saturday and 105 on  Sunday.  Muncho Caliente.

Later, gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment