nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Friday, August 3, 2012

because I said I was....

Yesterday, it was 101 degrees at 5:30 p.m. I was suppose to jog 1.5 miles with my daughter at a nearby park. She calls to say "mom, it's too hot. I'm going to run on my treadmil."  I don't blame her. I was thinking the same thing except I HATE THE TREADMIL.  I could go to zumba but that would mean I'd have to wait 1 hour an hour and honestly, who wants to waste an hour "waiting" after work.

I decided to walk to that park and see what I could get done. I had my ice cold water in  hand and I set off.  A co-worker cautioned me that I could get sick.  I smiled and kept walking. I got to the park and there were other walkers and runners of all ages.

I walked for 1.5 miles and then I started to jog. It was really hot.  I manged to jog less than a mile.  I kept questioning what I was doing out in the sun and then it hit me. I am here because I said I was going to run.  I made a plan.  I did not want to flake on said plan. Otherwise, it would snowball into the next day, and the next day.  My mantra as I jogged was because I said I was...

In total, I did a combination of walking/jogging of 3.2 miles. 

It felt great to keep my word to myself even despite the heat. Next time, I'll do the treadmill when the  heat the 100s. I know it wasn't the smartest thing but it was the necessary thing. It was important for me to keep my word to myself.  

If I keep this up, I just might find my mojo.

Have a great weekend friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment