nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Monday, August 20, 2012

red, white and Green

Busy day at work. Meetings and number crunching. Took a sushi break with a co-worker and vented about my morning.

Very glad for quitin-time. Instead of zumba class, i decided to cook a healthy meal. Besides, i am still pretty sore.

Dinner was going to be ceviche. While my raw shrimp was marinating in fresh lemon and orange juice, i diced up jalapeƱos, onions, cilantro, and tomatoes. Looks like the Mexican flag don't you think?







After my veggies were diced. I took my marinated shrimp. Drained the juice. Added my veggies to shrimp and tossed. Then i added the juice of a fresh squeezed lemon.



And dinner was served. I added salsa valentina for some heat.

I am hoping to do a little stretching this evening after i watch The Hunger Games.

I got nothing left in me so later, gators

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I was enthralled by your story about your recent walk and glad that you are safe and sound back at home. Sometimes walks in the middle of nature turn out to be something you didn't expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Me. Thanks for reading. I certainly learned that one mishap can really ruin a day hike. I'll pay better attention that's for sure.

      Thanks again for reading my blog.

      Delete
  2. Oooooh wow, your prepped 'Mexican flag' plate makes me feel HUNGRY just to look at it - beautiful! And then add in the marinated shrimp?

    Seriously drooling now. Can I come to dinner next time?

    Thanks for the comment, btw. Muchly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete