nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Just Own It....


Happy Wednesday all.  Today I'm working in my afternoon office. Moving boxes and working on subscriptions.  Boy, was I a sweaty mess.  I snapped this picture when I sat to take a break.  Man, my curls are out of control.  I used very little hair product this morning just out of curiosity.

Why is it we're never really happy with our hair? It's either too short, too long, to straight or in my case too curly. I've decided to just own it.

Right now, I'm JUST GONNA OWN THE FOLLOWING:

  • I'm age 51 and not 35.
  • It's okay to be tired.  Rest is good.
  • Running a mile in 12.5 minutes.  At least I'm running.
  • Doing fewer reps in an AMRAP.  I'm off the couch and in the game, right?
  • I can do burpees.  They're not perfect but at least I can lift my body off the ground.
  • I'm rockin my core but not so much push ups.... 

It's easy to get caught up in those things you cannot do or things you wish you had. In my case, not so curly hair and more endurance. Instead, I'm gonna focus and OWN what I do have and what I can do...

So I'm gonna OWN THESE CURLS and OWN THIS BODY. How about you? Whatcha gonna own today?

No comments:

Post a Comment