nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

HOPE. It's a glorious thing

Dear Paula,

Happy New Years.  Are you excited for 2014?  You should be!  Last  year was a bear and you now have an opportunity to rewrite the year.

Do I really want to re-write the year? Probably not.  Cancer was scary but I learned a great deal and it brought me closer to my loved ones and my Lord.  I've always looked to God, but I relied on him heavily this year and I don't think that will change. I'm happy that I have Hope.

Paula, I am proud of you for starting the New Year with a hike.


You felt marvelous while hiking the Sierras.  You even had a snow fight.  I think it's great how being out doors soothes your soul and has a way of putting things into perspective.  We are so tiny in the grand scheme of things.... I think you captured that wonderfully in the picture below.  However, Girl, you really should use more lotion. Your hands look old and dry.  Moisture should be your motto of 2014 LOL.



I know you were super excited to have Daniel join you on this hike... Even though he scared the bejesus out of you when he hid from you behind those big old trees.  That's a great picture of him walking in the woods. 

Paula, I know you absolutely love the warmth of the sun.  I think you said it felt as though the Lord was embracing you... Yes.  I think you find the outdoors healing and "church-like."  That's a good thing my friend.

I know you're extremely grateful to have good health this year.  It's written all over your face as you walk the river banks near your home. Your hair is growing and well, I'm not too sure I like your new highlights but hey, I get that you wanted to look like Toni Braxton... you crack me up.


You feel very fortunate and want to be a blessing to those around you.  If you see a need. DO WHAT YOU CAN. If someone needs encouragement, SPEAK UP.  Put yourself out there my friend.  A smile is something that doesn't cost you anything and has the capacity to lift someone up. Practice it wherever you can.  Find a way to give more this year.  Give of your time and your resources.

You also started your Revolution Boot camp series last night. What is your goal?  I know the weight has been slow to come off but that's okay. You're living in the moment. You're pushing your physical envelope and that my friend is worthy of celebration.  Remember, Strong and Fit is the new Skinny.  Strive for that okay?

Yes, Paula, hope is a wonderful thing. Hold onto it... because it's always the last thing to go...

Que dios te bendiga mi amiga.

No comments:

Post a Comment