nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Friday, December 20, 2013

Strong


Hello friends, how was your week? Can you believe we Christmas is just 5 days away? The house is as decorated as it can be.  Last year, the day after Christmas, I bought a 7.5 foot tree and several ornaments on sale.  We didn't decorate last year since I was going through treatment but this year, it was on...  My grands came over and decorated the tree. My tree isn't fancy but every ornament is special to me.

I've been having headaches lately but the good news is my CT scan is negative.  No tumor. Just migraines.  I've never dealt with that kind of pain before but an injection and Hydrocodone has helped. I am so incredibly happy to have that CT scan behind me. 

 
Last night I finished my second boot camp and I do believe I'm getting stronger. The scale is actually up but maybe that's because of muscle. I feel amazing after each class. So amazing that I committed to joining the Kaia Fit gym. I'll pay $119 a month but it's cheaper than doing the 6 week classes. On January 6, we start our BRK classes which will be 5 days a week with a running day on Saturday.  I'll have an assessment with a coach and will be required to keep a food journal which I will need to share with my coach each week. 
 
I'm stoked....
 
About my breast reconstruction surgery. I've put that on hold indefinitely.  After meeting with my oncologist and hearing the statistics on my cancer coming back (I'm being positive here. I know I'll be in the percentage where it WON'T COME BACK) so instead of fretting, I will focus on health and fitness and when I'm down to 165, I'll contact my surgeon. Until then, I'll work towards being FIT AND STRONG.  How does that sound?
 
Gosh, I'm happy.  I just wanted to come here and wish you all a merry Christmas.  Talk to  you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new to your blog but wanted to leave a comment! Glad to hear your CT scan was clear, even though migraines suck so much!

    ReplyDelete