nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

How to make hand bag weights

Hello, how are you today? It's pretty cold in Sacramento. I hear it's suppose to get in the 20s. Burr... I'm getting ready to head out to boot camp but before I go, I wanted to show you how my daughter and I made hand weights.

We grabbed trash bags and filled them with sand.  We placed them on my scale which was a little challenging.  Once our bags were filled with sand, we tied them and then twisted the remainder of the bag forming a purse handle.  We then got black tape and started wrapping the bag.


We then used decorative tape to wrap the sand bag making it look like a purse.

Here is our 15 lb. hand bag. Isn't it cute?  You must be careful and not grab it by the handle because it's not strong enough. We will use these handbags while doing sit ups, squats, lunges, etc.  The total cost for this little project was $18. Pretty cool, don't you think?

I'm off to boot camp.  Later gators.

1 comment:

  1. Great details here, better yet to discover out your blog which is fantastic. Nicely done!!!http://luxtime.su/ysl-bags

    ReplyDelete