nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Happy Thursday my friends. I am on day three of our brk revolution. It is a 6 week bootcamp where i turn in a food journal, take a physical assessment and meet with my coach weekly, we meet 5 days amweek. I decided to join Kaia Fit on a monthly basis instead of in 5-6 week sessions. I just went for it. Each class we are given a mantra. Today's mantra is the title of my post. Pretty cool, right?

Last night i got creative in the cocina. I looked in my cupboards and spied this:






I had Guajillo, New Mexico and Japones peppers. I know, i have an insane supply of peppers. I also had ground turkey in my fridge. I decided to make Chorizo. I watched my MIL make it when she visited the United States. Instead of ground pork, i will use turkey.




I took my peppers and soaked them in hot boiling water for about 15 minutes. While my peppers were soaking, i marinated the turkey with vinegar. I used 2 ounces but immediately realized i should have used 1 ounce. I let the vinegar and meat sit for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, i added the chilies with the water to the blender. Added two cloves of garlic, a pinch of cumin, and a pinch Mexican oregano, added salt and blended for five minutes. I also realized i had menudo mix. Next time, i will just use a table spoon of that since it has cumin, oregano and pequin peppers.




I then added the paste like sauce to the meat. Covered it and let it marinate over night.





Tonight, after Kaia, i cooked some up while prepping my lunch for the next day. I begged Daniel to taste it and he liked it. He agreed, i should have added less vinegar.

I will definitely try this with tofu.

I will add the chorizo to my salads for lunch. Give this recipe a try. But only if you are willing to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. LOL. Please let me know in the comments if you give it a try.

Later gators.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow you have been doing a lot of fun things on here!! good job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello outdoor.mom... long time no read.... must catch up on you and your family....

    ReplyDelete