nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Peace, Love & Core

Hi friends, how are you?  Glad it's Wednesday. No work out for me this evening... but after last night's "Peace, Love & Core" routine, I could use a rest.


This workout was insane.  I was dying when I got to the Walking Lunges and the Triceps Extensions had my arms screaming.  I completed this round with no cheating.  I started a second round but only finished Plank Leg Lifts and had just started Ball Ups when our coach called time.  For a cool down, we walked around the building and did some stretching. If you want a challenge, please give this workout a try. I'm amazed that I completed it.  I'm surprised by what this body can do...

 It was a great opportunity to use my Christmas present.  My daughter gifted me the Polar FT4.  I love the simplicity of this heart rate monitor. The band you wear around your chest is surprisingly comfortable and my only dislike is I can't always tell if I've turned it on or turned if off.

Last night's workout had me burning 435 calories in 1 hour.  Not bad.  I was also 15 minutes in HR zone 171 and was steady at 145.  I think this little monitor will help me in gauging my progress.
 
 
 
On  Saturdays, we jogged/mostly walked 4.5 miles.  My monitor said I burned 1,000 calories.  Hmmmm. I wonder about that.. I snapped this picture of my daughter during our jogging. I can't believe this beautiful Nature Preserve is close to my home. Must go back.


I did great 5 days out of 7 our my cleanse. I won't be too hard on myself because I am still drinking my coffee without sugar which is huge... I am still eating dairy free and even though I've introduced carbs over the weekend and today, I will continue to reduce carbs as much as possible.  I ate a bagel today with peanut butter and a little jam. That was the first sugar I've eaten in weeks and even though I feel like I fell off the wagon, it was glorious but I WILL NOT MAKE IT A HABIT.  A TREAT is not something you have every day...

Just so that I'm being honest, I do want to share a couple of pictures of some of the foods I've been enjoying besides that blasted bagel.



Egg white omelette with mushrooms, peppers and avocado.


This is another favorite of mine. Romaine lettuce, tuna, shredded carrots, garbanzos and jalapenos... Yum...

I've also cooked up a batch of chili for lunches.... I'm in a slippery predicament right now. By eating that bagel, I run the risk of introducing more carbs. It's a nasty cycle with me... once I start, it starts a snowball effect.  I will definitely need to be conscious of that... I truly am logging everything in my food journal. I didn't turn in my food journal like I was suppose too but not because I was bad. Merely because I just didn't have time to turn it in. 

I can honestly say I've been eating 85% on plan.  Note to self:  "Paula, please focus on the foods you can have and not what you can't... It's not the end of the world that you ate a bagel... just be mindful... NO MORE CARBS my friend. Remember how great you felt without them.

Well, that's enough self talk... Better get back to work. Hope you're having an awesome day and I hope you'll try the Peace, Love and Core workout... I would love to hear you felt afterwards.

Best,
Paula

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Ow, that workout is insane! Whoot! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, love reading your cashier cronicals... They make my day.

      Delete
  2. oooh I NEED ME SOME peace love and core....

    ReplyDelete