nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I just want to live life...

Hi friends, how's your day?  I hope you are finding pleasure in all things? Even the mundane.  I rolled out of bed and even though I would love to lay there longer, I was grateful for the morning and the job that awaited me.  I find that if I start my day with gratitude and focus on finding joy in the day ahead, it makes all the difference.  I had an awful migraine last night but woke up so happy that it was mild and manageable.  See, there is joy in that... it made all the difference.

I had a conversation with my friend J today.  J lived on the other side of the tracks from me. Seriously.  I lived in Broderick and J lived in Old Broderick.  The railroad tracks divided our neighborhoods.  J is going through her second bought of cancer.  She called to share how happy she was that she ran the block.  J is a runner.  I knew exactly how she felt.  It's easy to take these things for granted, but when you've battled cancer, you are so grateful for small events.  I couldn't wait to tell her how I can now do 14 burpees.  We both praised God right there and decided to do the Color run together .  She said you know, "I JUST WANT TO LIVE LIFE.."  I know exactly how she feels.

I had my weigh-in last week. I am down 1 pound and have lost 3/4 inches all the way around. EXCEPT... I gained 4 inches on my butt!  What???? I'm suppose to be losing, right?  ASSets, I'll take em. I had to remind self not to get disappointed about the 1 pound loss.  After all, my body fat is down by 3%. I'll take it.

I probably let that weigh in affect me because I ate cake at my grands birthday parties on Saturday and Sunday. I tell you. Put me in a room with butter cream frosting, and it's over. Now I gotta fight the sugar cravings all over again.  I continue to drink my coffee black. Close, but no cigar, right?

In addition to the cake, I've been eating some interesting foods as well.


 I am seriously loving curry these days.  I had lunch with my daughter at a new to us restaurant named Coconut. It's on 25th and J Street, across the street from Thai Basil. How odd that you would have two Thai restaurants across from one another. 


The green papaya salad was unique.

And the mushroom soup was absolutely amazing.  The broth was light with a hint of coconut milk.  The waitress would not tell us the ingredients :-(

I pretty much look forward to my lunches but breakfast is another story. I just cannot stomach smoothies in the mornings.  Let alone green smoothies. Anyone else get grossed out drinking smoothies in cooler temperatures?

In other news, I am getting pretty concerned about our lack of rain in Sacramento. I live near the American River and the river levels are the lowest I've ever seen. I kid you not, we have people walking in the middle of the river where there's just dirt... We are not even watering our grass and well, I am doing all i can to conserve water. Just gonna continue to pray for rain... what else can we do?

Well, I better get back to work.  Here's to having a wonderful week.  Later, gators.

Paula

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. We were just saying today that it would be nice if we could send some the precipitation we've gotten in snow to the West were they need water. I know it may sound funny, but I hope you get rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathyj333... it sprinkled this morning but sadly... not no real real but I'm hopeful.

    ReplyDelete