nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Monday, February 3, 2014

Satisfying

Hi friends, how's it going?  Can I just come here and say once again how much I love living in Sacramento.  There are so many places to explore. Daniel and I ventured to Muir Woods near San Francisco.  I have never been here and it was absolutely amazing.

I captured these photos with my cell phone. I immediately regretted not bringing my Canon Powershot.
 
We were surrounded by 500 year old redwood trees. It was incredible just listening to the birds.  There were lots of folks walking around the wooden pathways.

The picture above is a downed tree cut in half for a crossing. I sat right here and took this shot. Beautiful, right?
 Daniel and I headed up towards the edge of the redwoods. Daniel is new to hiking but I think I can say he enjoys it. He was ahead of me.  We walked this trail for about 1.5 hours before turning back to the visitor's center.  Daniel was determined to get to the top of the ridge. You definitely need to study the maps at the Visitor's Center because I was not sure where this trail lead too. I insisted we turn back. I was concerned because it was 2:45 and wanted to be back before 6 when the park closes.  I'm a little traumatized after walking out of Mt. Tallac in the dark... Next time, we'll definitely start out earlier so we can make it to the top with plenty of time.


I must confess that my weekend eats were completely off plan.  After our 2.5 hour walk in Muir Woods, I felt entitled to a hamburger.  I found myself at The Habit eating a Charburger and fries. Did I enjoy it? Yes, but it was not epic... I wanted a burger for weeks and well, it wasn't all that I had hoped. Maybe this means my relationship with food is changing?  Maybe...

Honestly. this burger was not rewarding.  I should have ordered it without the bun.  Seriously... It was disappointing.  Sunday found me in the kitchen prepping veggies.  I made a pico de gallo, chopped veggies, cooked chicken fajitas and PRESTO... Today's taco bowl / lunch.  Now this was amazingly satisfying.


--- Satisfying ---
 
That is what I am looking for in a meal.  Sadly it was not in that burger.  I think I'm making progress, what think you?

No comments:

Post a Comment