nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hey friend, how's your day? 

Mine was good. I did a sweaty 40 minute workout during my lunch hour. Basically, I did 14 reps of 20 exercises.  I must say it's the first time in months where I've used the gym at work. I recall working out every day during my lunch hour... will definitely start back to build up my stamina. I'm getting there.  Must be gentle with self.

Speaking of stamina, last Saturday we had our BRK party at Kaia.  This workout was a celebration of our 6 week boot camp of working out 5 days per week, clean eating, no sugar, no carbs and no alcohol. I could have done better with the nutrition challenges. I did eliminate sugar from my coffee and reduced carbs but I have work to do in that area.

Back to our party, before the festivities, we did a scavenger/survivor workout. We were in groups and there were 12 stations. Each station had us each do a series of exercises.  Let's just say we pushed a car, ran up hills, and carried a fire hose while running.  I was always the last one running behind but I finished. 

Just look at my daughter doing 25 wall balls after completing the 12 stations. Can you believe she is suffering from kidney stones during this workout? She's nuts. I'd be at home. But not her. Such a warrior.

 
After I finished my wall balls we headed on over to the mimosa station.
 
 
6 weeks no alcohol. Man those tasted good. I so wanted another but hey, it was 10 a.m. 
 
 
Here's my team... I can't really tell you if we collected all the stickers from all 12 stations but I know I gave it my all.  I think I'm hooked on these kinds of runs.  Will definitely be working on my running in the next 6 weeks.  Would love to do another 5k. Maybe a zombie run? I think that would be fun.
 
We had our final 6 week assessment, and the verdict is......
 
2 pounds lost
1 inch lost on my thighs
0 inches around my chest
4 inches gained on my rear (what???) Gots to be muscle, right?
4% body fat loss.
 
While I'm not super impressed with my results, it is still a loss.  I've signed up for another 6 weeks and this time around, I'm gong to concentrate on form during the workouts and what I eat.  Trust me... I've counted calories and have stayed at 1200-1300 calories but it's just not working... It's not my thyroid according to my doctor.  What's a person to do? My body is just holding onto the extra weight. It's discouraging but this journey is about a healthier self and I'm working towards that goal. No need to beat myself up. The scale will remain in the garage for now...
 
It's still a good day in the neighborhood my friends... 

No comments:

Post a Comment