nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, February 11, 2014


Hello friends, how’s it going?  Can you believe it FINALLY rained in Sacramento.  Three glorious days of rain.  It was perfect timing as I was encouraged to take a few days of vacation since I am no longer accruing time at work.  So with time off, rain, and no gym due to doctor’s orders, I was left with idle hands. And you know what they say about idle hands, right?


Yep. I got me into some trouble. That trouble came in the form of a Molcajete.  You've probably experienced a Molcajete filled with Guacamole, but at Lalo's Mexican restaurant, they are served with grilled cactus, homemade chorizo, thinly sliced chicken and flank steak.  All smothered in a green chile sauce.  Oh, did I mention the blog of cheese that is placed in the bottom of the molcajete? It was a wonderful surprise as I dug into this deliciousness.  I nearly fell out of my chair when they brought blue corn tortillas, grilled onions and whole pinto beans.

I was in heaven.... 

See what happens when I'm forced to relax?

Thank goodness I'm back at the gym today... A girl can get into some serious trouble when she's out of her routine... It's back to the gym for me... Feeling really good today.  It's amazing what a little rest can do for the body and soul.

Any of you watching the Olympics? I just can't get into it this year. 

Paula


1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of anything like that here in Boston. It looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete