nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

steppin out of my comfort zone, again.

That has been my theme this year... doing that what makes me uncomfortable and challenges me.  I made the conscous decision to "move things around" at work. My job is now more challenging.  I have to think harder and apply myself. Step up my game.

I challenged myself by climbing a mountain. This time, reaching  higher and proving that I am cable of almost anything. I completed the Foam Fest despite my fear of heights.  I am strong.

Today, I read an email from a "meet up" group that I once wanted to join.  Today, they're meeting for a 5 mile Urban Walk to the Old City Cememtary.  This morning, as I readied for work. I grabbed my clothes, shoes, and my back pack. 

Can I meet this group of strangers and join them in such an interesting activity?  Why  not?

Wish me luck all.

5 comments:

  1. Woo! Have fun! Don't forget to tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not? You have nothing to lose and new friends to gain! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't join this meet up. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about creating a meet up group for women, especially us mothers that could meet during the day (before work when the kids are dropped off at school or after work, before pick up). I think it is a great idea. I've always loved going to the gym or working out with a group of people. My issue is time. I don't have the luxury of it because of all my home responsibilities. Go for it. If you want to step outside of you comfort zone, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your support. I was so hesitant but very glad I stepped out and met up with this group. I've never done anything like this before and well, sometimes, your workout is just boring and you need to spice things up.

    I thought this would be a great way to spend my evenings when my honey is working out of town. Who wants to sit at home alone.

    Rosa, I love your idea of a mom group meeting before work. I know how challenging it is to take ME TIME when you have a family and responsibilities. When my kids were little, I remember going to the high school and walking the track with them sitting on a bench or them trailing behind me on their bikes. It's hard.

    ReplyDelete