nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Game On!!

Thank you Enz for the support you've given me these past weeks.  It's much appreciated.

I came home from work and had my salad and a slice of whole wheat toast. The foam fest is days away and I've yet to run 3.2 miles.  I logged onto facebook and read a timeline of my friend's 26 year old daughter. She is an avid hiker and there were pictures of her on Mt. Tallac. She made the summit and was standing straight up on that rock.  The one where I did not make it. I know it was raining. I know there could have been lightening and most of all, I let my fear of slipping and heights rob me of that moment.

I was stewing and thinking PAULA WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG TO GET ACTIVE.  You would have dominated that mountain at 26.  Now, I know it's silly to feel this way but it's a real sentiment that I had to acknowledge.  It got me fired up enough to go for my 3 mile run.

I was at mile 2 and a car passed and a woman stuck her body out of the passenger window and shouted "GO... YOU GOT THIS. GAME ON!!!".  It was just what I needed. I did 3 miles easy-peazy. I think I could have gone on a little further. It felt wonderful that I got the run out of the way.

I am not sure if I can climb an 8 foot wall.  I am not sure that can jump inner-tubes in the water but I am sure as hell going to try. I'm going to remember this complete stranger's words as I give it my all next Saturday.

I will remember this night. How a complete stranger and my jealousy fueled me on to get things done.

If you are reading this post and have kicked yourself in the butt for not getting active earlier... please don't.  Let it be catalyst for getting out there and trying something outside your comfort zone.  Age is a stage of mind yes and while our bodies do have physical limits, our soul and spirit do not.

Si se puede!!!

pwc

2 comments:

  1. "Age is a stage of mind yes and while our bodies do have physical limits, our soul and spirit do not."

    This soon to be 45 yr old has a new mantra while trying to get back into running!

    ReplyDelete