nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Geez, it's Wednesday already. Don't you love it when the weekend rolls by quickly?

I'm happy to report that the soreness in my body has left me.  Doing my "hard zumba" class last night felt great. After class, I came home and made a salad and ate the left over sirloin I made a few days earlier.  I've been using MyfitnessPal to enter my eats and I must say, I can see how I've gained 7 pounds in the last 8 months.  I'm eating more and exercising less.  Gone are my lunch hour workouts. It's so busy at work, but I need to get a handle on it and soon.

Portion control is THE HARDEST thing for me. , I need to tackle it and now.  MyfitnessPal helps will help in monitoring my carb intake.  I'll continue with that for a bit and see where it takes me.  I realize this statement is "passive" and not "decisive."  I want to refrain from thoughts of I'M GIVING UP BREAD, or I WILL EAT 1200 CALORIES A DAY.  I realize in order to lose 1 lb. a week, I  need to a 500 calorie deficit a day.  Eating less will be difficult but doable, right? First I have to see where I can cut.  I am also reading SASS YOURSELF SLIM.  Hopefully, this book will give me some useful ideas and food combos to jump start things. 

If I can say this:  My life is pleasant and happy and my weight does not completely hold me back from enjoying life.  However, I gotta tell you seeing my pictures in the Foam Fest really messed with my head. Why can't I look cute in workout clothes?  That kind of thinking is rough... I don't want it to take away my accomplishment of that day. Facing my fear of  heights is huge.  But all I see in the photos is  how fat I am.... stinkin thinkin again. okay, okay, I'll move on.

With that said... I want to show you what I'm doing with all those tomatoes from the garden.

charred tomatoes and serano peppers
Making Salsa, again.  This time,  I'm charring the tomatoes and serano peppers. Then taking my molcajete, smashing a glove of galic using my stone, adding the tomatoes, then peppers, a little water and some salt. 

It sure tasted good over eggs.

Salsa
 I now have plenty of salsa in my freezer. I'm thinking next, I'll do spaghetti sauce.  Just need to search the internet for an easy recipe.

Well, my break is over and I gotta get back to work. Hope your day is awesome... 

No comments:

Post a Comment