nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

stupified....

Wow... that's all I have to say about my morning at Lale Spa.  If you've read PWC, you know I've moved my home three times in one year. Whew, talk about stress.  Then, I began working two part-time positions. Add moving two journal offices to the mix, and I was one stressed out chica... My office is still in boxes and I'm okay with that....

While packign, I found a gift certificate that was given to me last year, maybe. I called to see if it was still valid.  Yep... The value of said gift certicicate was for  $180, plus gratuity.  Damn!!!  I booked an appoitment for asap.

I arrived at Lale spa which is located inside La Rivage Hotel near the water.  I check-in and was immediately asked to sit in this lovely room to fill out a form. I was invited to a table of healthy snacks and then I sat to fill out my form.

Sat right here eating a handful of almonds and drinking water.

Then, I was asked to sit tight for my appointment. I was in this room for 20-30 minutes. I was encouraged to lay on the bed of pillows. It was dark and very relaxing. I had to turn on the lights to take this picture.  Laying on the pillows was heaven.  Can you believe it massages while you rest.

I felt like I'd be wasting such beautiful accommodations by resting so I stepped out the door and sat on that chair in the far corner.

I was encouraged to take a dip in the jacuzzi.  But I had no bathing suit and frankly, you won't catch me in a swimsuit--let alone in pubic. No way. No how.

I did partake in the hot sauna....

After two hours of full body massage, facial and hand massage, I emerged a wet noodle.

Just look at my skin.... It was scrubbed and  polished.  My friend audra called me on my way home and asked if I had been drinking. It's true. I sounded drunk.  I could not even form a coherent sentence.

Man-o-man... two hours of self-indulgence was just what I needed. I was so relaxed that I did not even yell at Daniel for leaving chicken bones in the sink.  I was pretty pleasant the rest of the day. 

I have no idea why 2 hours of pampering would leave me stupified. But it did and it was glorious. I counted my blessings that evening. God is always on-time.  Just when things are rough, I am showered with a blessing.

Thank you law journal students. It was glorious.

Question: Do massages leave you incoherent and unable to form an intelligent thought or sentence?

2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH.
    happy for you and covet.
    lottsa covet :)

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! You needed some pamper time! Keep focused on your goals!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete