nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

biking

Hi friends. Just wanted to share a picture of my bike that I purchased last summer. Now that I live less than two miles from the American River Bike trail, I decided to head out despite the warm temperatures we're experiencing in Sacramento. 

Just look at the scenery that is just within riding distance of my house.  I could hear and see families frolicking in the water.  I just love nature, don't you?  There is just so much beauty about that it makes my heart sing...

I couldn't believe it when I saw this gentlemen out with his horse. It made me think of my horse growing up.  His name was "Tormento."  How sad that i couldn't appreciate him when I was younger. I think this horse smiled for me...

I kept riding.  I ride alot slower than most bikers.  I tried not to let that bother me.  Don't you hate it when your competitiveness comes out?  I do need to pick it up a bit but then I remembered this is my first long ride in a long time. 

At about mile 11. I parked and sipped my water.  I had been out on the trail for about 1.5 hours and made a couple of stops. Again I reminded self that it wasn't a race. Enjoy paula... it's all good.

I decided to take a picture of my bike.  She needs a basket and a computer so I can tell  how fast and how much of a distance I've ridden. Hopefully, I can get that done this weekend.


I had been out on the trails for a couple of hours and it was quite hot... Here I am a sweaty mess.

My total bike miles were 20.  Not bad.  I rewarded myself with a wonderful sandwhich.

Yep. That's bacon on homemade wheat bread. 

I don't know about you, but I think food tastes so much better after  you've "earned it."

tatafornow...

pwc

No comments:

Post a Comment