nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

energized....

That's the word of the day that describes how I feel.  I've not exercised for 5 days and I've been out of sinc with my work outs.  I've been working cray-cray hours and I've even missed zumba classes. 

I need to get back into the groove so I slept in work out clothes (which I normally do every night) and when I woke up in the morning, I jumped out of bed and laced up the sneaks.  I jogged to the park and back. It was just a mile but that one mile changed my entire mood for the day.

I feel marvelous. It totally improved my outlook for the day. I came to work smiling. It was just 15 minutes of jogging but it made a world of difference in my outlook. I think walking or jogging in the mornings might be my ticket to a happier me.

Lunch today was a celebration of a co-worker's retirement. When asked what was the funniest and toughest thing she's endured in the last 20 years, my name came up twice. We laughed. We just don't realize how much we touch one another's life until you look back. 

I ventured outside my box today. Instead of a sandwhich I ordered Grilled Salmon, english peas, roasted oyster mushrooms, baby carrots, with soy glaze. It was heaven.

I am  having an awesome day and I know the morning run had everything to do with it.  Gotta love those endorphins...

Well, I better get some work done  this afternoon. Here's to  hoping you too have an "energized day."

No comments:

Post a Comment