nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Monday, September 28, 2015

Flu-like symptoms after running



Happy Monday friends. I hope you had a great weekend.  Mine was pretty busy as usual. Do you ever feel like you need a day just to rest from your weekends?Yea, that's me.  Burning the candle at both ends.  My body is feeling the effects of running, Kaia workouts and family commitments.

The eyes never lie. This girl is T.I.R.E.D....




Yesterday I did 8 miles. It took me 2.15 minutes.  I averaged 15 minute mile. This sucks... Yea, I know. at least I'm not on the couch.  Jogging more than an hour really takes it out of me.  I've been missing my Kaia workouts.  I just can't shake the sheets in the morning.  I'm listening to my body and thinking it's just too much for me.

Next week is the Urban Cow Half-Marathon and I'll be glad when it's over. I gotta tell you. Every time I jog over an hour, I have flu symptoms. Honestly, who gets a low grade fever after running?

Resting and Nutrition is so important when it comes to running and Function Fitness workouts.  This girl will be glad when Sunday comes and goes.

Me thinks this is my FIRST and LAST half-marathon...


3 comments:

  1. I'm with you.....the long runs in this half marathon training is REALLY kicking my butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryFran, I need to catch up with your blog. I want to read all about your training.

      Delete
  2. Kick butt at your Half and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete