nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Mantras...they work!


Happy Wednesday all.  Are you looking forward to the three-day weekend? I sure am.  I'm in Week 6 of my Half Marathon training. It's seriously hard to train for a marathon.  I've been having back issues and there are times I can't sleep but I'm managing.  Warm-up, stretching, icing and Epsom salt baths are my new normal.  My first Epsom Salt scared the crap out of me.  The minute I got out of the tub, my whole body tingled to the point that I could not dress myself and I just layed on the sofa for 30 minutes.  Is that normal?

Mantras have also been a huge part of my journey.  You know I always say "I'm not where I want to be but thank goodness I am not where I was..." That's worked for awhile but this morning, during my 8 mile jog, I used "I CAN DO HARD THINGS."  That really got me past mile 7. I'm slow but I'm consistent so I can work with that....

I am a little behind in training.  I should be running 10 miles on my long runs but I'm gradually improving. Last weekend, I did 6.5 and today, 8.25 so that's a steady gain. 

I'm not sure I'll ever run like this again, but I  made a commitment to myself.  If you've read PWC, you might remember that I give myself a goal to complete each year around my birthday... and so Sacramento's Urban Cow 1/2 marathon it is....

I'm a hot sweaty mess, but I'm getting the miles done. Thank goodness for Mantras.  Do you have a mantra that you want  to share? What helps you achieve your goals?  I'd love to hear any advice you have... please hit me up in the comments, if you'd like.

Two more days and it's the weekend.... Got any fun plans for this 3 day weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment