nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Being Present



Happy Tuesday all.  I hope your week is off to a good start. I'm entering Week 8 of half-marathon training. It's been a challenge to do my regular Kaia workouts and my running 3 days a week.  Funny how 3 and 4 miles no longer feels scary.  I'm confident with shorter runs even though my pace still sucks but I see small improvements. I can jog a consistent 14 minute mile. Please don't laugh...

Last Saturday, I was scheduled for 10 but only completed 9.  It was tough but I know I'm capable of going the distance. I'll be wiped out by the end of 13.1 but I'm confident I can get it done in 3.5 hours. Again, don't laugh LOL.


 In between training, I did a 3 mile obstacle course with my daughters called Wipeout. Have you seen the show? I have to admit it was fun but scary.  I did the majority of the obstacles except for that one where you walk across a plank with huge red balls coming at you. If you are struck by the red balls, you fall into water that's waist high.  Even with a life jacket, I walked around. I got some great photos of my girls.  It was a great way to spend the day with my kids.



Here I am coming down a 50 foot slide.  When I look at the picture below my instinct was to focus on the imperfection of my 53 year old body but then I flipped the switch and all I see is Victory!


Look at my arms?  They look strong!  You can even see the beginnings of a waist.  I also see a woman who is fully present and in the moment. I know it sounds like a cliche... but life doesn't get any better than this....

I wish I could say my nutrition has been "on point."  Unfortunately, it has not and that keeps me farther from my goal of losing 10 lbs.  I guess it is true:  you can't exercise away a bad diet.    I'm working on getting my portions right. I've teamed up with a fellow Kaia girl and we started a soup exchange for meals.  I made an awesome 15 bean chili. Who knew there were that many beans ;-)....

Fall is just around the corner and I'm feeling inspired to play in the kitchen so if you have any great recipes, please share.

Later, gators
Paula

3 comments:

  1. The Wipe Out Race looks fun and that picture is awesome!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally not laughing at your marathon training and your goals!!! You are rocking it! You are a few weeks ahead of me. (And I've been derailed with pneumonia and I'm just trying to get back into track for my half marathon! But our goals are looking actually very similar so I smiled with a sense of unity!!!

    You are looking fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me, Paula! You're gonna nail that 13.1, no question!! So glad you got to enjoy Wipe Out with your girls. That looks like lots of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete