nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hi friends, how's it going?

I'm still eating my 4 meals a day and paying attention to "hunger."  Evenings are the most challenging. 

On a personal note, I'm in a strange place. I am so grateful for the busy-ness of work as it leaves less time for other thoughts. I did read something that is helping me. Do you mind if I share it?

"The devil, according to legend, once advertised his tools for sale at public auction. When the prospective buyers assembled, there was one oddly shaped tool which was labeled "Not for sale."

Asked to explain why this was, the devil answered,

"I can spare my other tools, but I cannot spare this one. It is the most useful implement that I have. It is called Discouragement, and with it I can work my way into hearts otherwise inaccessible. When I get this tool into a man's heart, the way is open to plant anything there I may desire."

The legend embodies sober truth. Discouragement is a dangerous state of mind, because it leaves one open to the assault of the enemies of the soul.

Author unknown

Pretty powerful stuff, don't you think?

I hope these words speak to you as they have for me.

best.
pwc

3 comments:

  1. Very powerful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. enemies of the soul.
    VERY POWERFUL.

    xo

    (dont know if it will help...but I actually blogged about nighttime snacks today!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that, it's a good thing to remember when seemingly random things pop up to hinder us. Keeping the end goal in mind becomes very, very important.

    ReplyDelete