nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Seasoning without seasoning

I guess you might be wondering what my title is all about?  Let me splain....

I looked in my fridge this morning to see what was for lunch. I grabbed some spinach, romane, deli slices, 1/2 an avocado and the last of the diced onions and cilantro left left over from Sunday's breakfast of Menudo.  I dislike menudo (tripe soup), but Daniel and the family love it. 

Well, I was hungry at 12:15 and decided to eat my lunch 15 minutes earlier.  I am still trying to get used to hunger since I no longer a snack at 10:30 a.m.  I am on week two with no snacks.
The combination of onions, avocado and this little HERB made my salad GLORIOUS.

Cilantro
I love cilantro. I always have this on hand for tacos, and usually garnish my cabbage salads with this flavorful herb, but I NEVER combine it with spinach, or lettuce. Obviously, the avocado lended lots of flavor to my salad but I still thing the STAR of my lunch is CILANTRO.

My lunch was completely satisfying.  I did not miss salad dressing.  It needed no salt, no pepper, no other seasonings. I successfully seasoned my food without seasonings.  Hmm, I think I'm going to like this new approach to eating.  It's exciting.

1 comment:

  1. I think they call it marinade as a way of curing. Your normal seasoning are marinated for food absorption.

    ReplyDelete