nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Monday, January 23, 2012

Do you like being a girl?

THESE GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN--THAT'S ALL THEY REALLY WANT..
BESIDES GIRLY CLOTHES AND JEWELRY
I've been going through 3 years of photos and I came across this one picture of my granddaughters and my grandsons (see background). It was taken last year. This is classic... My THREE LOCAS (my crazy girls), which is how I refer to them when they're together.  My how they love clothes, jewelry and playing princess where as my grandsons---are only into gadgets. See them in the background?

These little girls have me wondering why I wasn't born with the girly girl mentality...  I hate shopping. If I'm wearing jewelery and heels, I feel self-conscious.  I find myself giving careful thought to clothes since I work in high profile office in the mornings.  Ugh. It's hard being a girl. At least for me. I try to shop and I end up in the electronic section drooling over the ipad2 and DSLR cameras. I prefer gadgets. While I enjoy the "perks" of being a woman i.e., getting help loading my groceries into the car, not doing yard work, or having to use power tools... but being a girly-girl?  Gawd... it's too much work.  If only I had a stylist shop and dress me now that would be awesome.
Am I alone in that I'd rather shop for gadgets than dresses?

2 comments:

  1. I used to love dressing everyone BUT me...but since I lost weight I like dressing myself. NOw I would rather the clothes magically appeared as I hate shopping itself...but yeah...a stylist would be nice, and someone to pay for it as well. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. You are not alone. I love gadgets and home decor more than thinking about clothes for me. I am with ya.

    Rosa @stuffingmyfeelings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete