nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, January 19, 2012

cabbage is not your friend

Well, it looks as though Sacramento is finally going to get some rain afer all. Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying the unusally warm weather but something does not feel right about it... don't you think? 

It looks as though I'm on my own for dinner. I've finely shredded cabbage, cilantro, carrots, added carne al pastor and a big spoon of peruano beans topped with salsa.  Cabbage has been my "go to food" for some time. I think its quite versatile and I never get tired of it... except, I think I've been eating too much this week. I'll tell you why...

I went to the chiropractor earlier today for a massage and adjustment. I was walking yesterday and missed a step and felt my whole back get out of alignment.  So I'm laying on the massage table. She focuses on my lower back, right leg and my glutes--all on my right side. O.M.G. It was all I could do not to pass gas.  I did my best keeping it in and at one point--she's pushing on these pressure points on my butt and lifting my leg and all I can think is "please God. Don't let me fart."   That was the longest 30 minute massage.  As soon as I was done, I dressed and headed to the restroom. Glorious restroom.  I still had to be adjusted. No way was I going to lay on my side and bam!!!  I thanked my lucky stars that nothing embarrassing happened but as soon as I was safe and in my car... well, I don't need to go further, right?  Surely, I'm not the only one that's had this kind of problem on a massage table?  If things would have went the other way (pun not intended), I would have switched doctors with a quickness.

So I'm thinking tonight is my last meal of repollito for a while.  What would you have done if you were in my situation? Pray like me?

2 comments:

  1. probably would have been unable to hold it...cabbage is my go to food as well...lol Did you get to relax at all with all the clenching you were doing? lolol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh I laughed because I CAN TOTALLY IMAGINE :)


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete