nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I kan Tri

Hello, long time no blog... Life  has been really wonderful and busy.  I spent 4th of July with this little one... My daughter woke me up at 4:30 a.m. to work out prior to walking all day at Disneyland. Who does that? Oh, I guess we do.

4th of July--me and Jellybeans

I hope you had a wonderful July.  Did you do anything fun?

I've been knee deep in my Kaia workouts.  Then I caught a cold and was off for 1 week. Don't you just hate missing your workouts when you're sick? Gotta listen to your body and well, I'm back in full effect.  Full effect means something really crazy.  In addition to cross-training, I signed up for a 10 week Triathalon training program. I'm on a team.  Crazy since I don't know how to swim.

Today, was my 2nd day in the water and I floated. I think this is huge since I never thought I would float. I am still using the paddle board but at least now, I know I can float and so maybe this will ease my fear.

I'm not having any huge expectations for the Triathalon. I haven't even registered.  The goal is to do the training. Use the pool time to learn how to swim and then by some great miracle I can swim, I'll sign up but if I don't know how to swim safely enough, I'll sign up for a dualathon in September.  Good enough, right?

I am still so much on the fence about this training.  Can I share a secret with you?  Before C, I was jogging 2-3 miles, doing zumba 5-6 days a week. I was at the top of my game... And then I got sidelined with C.  I hate that there is a BEFORE C and an AFTER C mentality but there it is... always sticking it's tongue at me.  I've made lots of progress in learning how to stay out of fear...  But it holds me back until I'm able to kick it in the butt.  It feels like I'm living on borrowed time and I gotta do all these things before the clock runs out.  It's stupid. I know...

I'm hoping to post some of my workouts. I think this is a major happening in my life and I want to document it... if only for me and to keep a record of how I'm feeling and how I'm progressing.

Anyways, just wanted to share my crazy news. Wish me luck okay?

Blessings,
PWC

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love! I'm not wishing you luck - I'm believing in your strength and that you are GOING TO hit the target. No ifs, ands or buts about it! :)

    ReplyDelete