nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Friday, July 25, 2014

Hola, how was your week? I hope it's been filled with a little adventure. I've been moving office locations.  I work in 2 departments and cover for a 3rd.  The upside to this move is I am back in a small house and I have inherited a wonderful executive desk and a window.  I snapped this picture today and I noticed two things... First, I love that my skin is so brown.  That's from all my outdoor activities. The 2nd is the FAT ROLL ON MY ARM.

See it?  We're never satisfied, are we?  Nope.  Just gonna try and focus on how wonderful I feel.

My workouts are going well.  I've had 3 free-style swim lessons since my last post and  I am making progress. I no longer need the boogie board. I can swim to the 4.5 feet side of the pool.  I'm still scared to go further. I'm pretty sure it's because of my breathing. I need to practice moving my head to the side to come up for air. Every time I do it, my feet sink and then I freak out... SWIMIN IS HARD.

Bike training is going pretty good. I feel more confident on the bike. Not sure why. I learned how to use the gears on my bike.  I practiced going up and down some hills.  Not gonna lie. I was scared. I was careful not to "brake" too much because I don't want to flip over. The speed scares me but I LOVE IT TOO.

I've been doing my regular cross-training workouts, except I missed last night's workout. I arrived there but was late. Tried to bike but then I got so frustrated with putting on my front wheel. Instead, I went straight to the bike shop to have the bike tuned up. Really, like that's going to help me with  my frustration.  I just wanted to make the best use of my evening.  I hate wasting time, don't you?

I'm off early today so I'm going to practice in the pool at work. Again, trying to make good use of my time.  Tomorrow, I swim in open water.

Pray for me okay?  I'm outie. I hope your weekend is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment