nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Relay for Life



Dear friends,

On Saturday, June 21st, my family and friends will join me in West Sacramento’s Relay for Life where we will walk for 24 hours to raise money for the American Cancer Society.  This has been a tough year. My extended family saw two deaths this year due to Cancer.  I was lucky. I survived breast cancer and am enjoying remission. I don’t take a minute for granted.  This is my second year doing Relay for Life and it’s become an important cause for myself and my family. I imagine many of us have been affected by Cancer in one way or another. I recently attended a Survivor’s dinner where I met a woman whose been in remission for 40 years.  I got excited to hear those words. But my heart dropped when she said she was battling her 8th diagnosis.  Imagine being diagnosed 8 times with Cancer.  But thanks to research she is still here, fighting.  If you have a moment, please support the American Cancer Society. Every dollar raised hopefully gets us a little closer to finding a cure and more birthdays.

If you wish to make a donation to Team Ladybugs, you can go here:  http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=58318&pg=team&team_id=1534936

Or perhaps you would like to join us?  If you're local, please come on out. There will be lots of vendors selling food, and other fun trinkets. I’ll be selling homemade Posole, pan dulce and Mexican chocolate. Hope to see you there.

Relay For Life of West Sacramento
Saturday, June 21, 2014
9:00am

Our Lady of Grace School


No comments:

Post a Comment