nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Monday, January 14, 2013

burrr.... it's cold outside

Hi friends... How are you?

I had my third chemo and it was rough... But so grateful i am able to eat solids again. I am surprised by how tired i am... But this too shall pass. 3 down, 1 to,go. Praise God.


Daniel made caldo de res. it was a big pot of oxtail and vegetable soup. I ate the broth and it was glorious. Sorry no pictures. My friend Virginia and her husband stopped by for an unexpected visit,

I was nervous about how i looked, but remembered this is me...right now.  The visit was unexpected and unannounced but I did my best to be me.  I smiled. Laughed and invited them to dinner. We all sat around and shared the soup. It was the time I've had visitors in my home in over 2 months. Felt nice.

The menu around here  consist of dry toast, bananas and ginger ale. It was nice to mix it up this afternoon as I was able to eat a salad and  roasted veggies and chicken wrap.

Not to mention the movie and bucket of popcorn i shared with Daniel this afternoon. Life continues to be sweet despite the inconvenience of C. I am content, sitting here on my sofa wearing warm work out cloths and feeling the warmth of my home.

Can you believe it was 33 degrees in Sacrament early this morning?  Well, I'm off to cuddle on the couch with a certain someone. Hope you all have a great evening.




3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you & sending you love & strength. So glad you have someone caring for you. Nothing better than friends and family to help. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still look very beautiful and sweet. I remember when my mom made caldo. I make it for myself now just to get a bit of nostalgia.

    Que te mejores pronto ; )

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The people who love you dont care what you or your house looks like. They are so grateful they can still visit with you and that you are in their life.

    ReplyDelete