nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, May 17, 2012

with change, there's opportunity, right?

My professional life is cray-cray-crazy at the moment.  My employer is downsizing and today,  10 people were layed off today. My heart is breaking for them. I tell self that with change comes opportunity.  I believe this is true in most areas of our lives, don't you? If I'm next, I hope I can  hold onto that notion. I think I've made peace with the WHAT IFs...

Anyways, let's talk about my dinner, shall we?  A few weeks ago, I found this  Dolores Chili Brick at Winco.  Instantly, I remembered my mom using this and so I impulsively bought thinking  I'd use it for chili beans.


The night before last, I cooked some cranberry beans with garlic and onions. I knew I had that in my fridge. I looked in my freezer and pulled out some taco meat. I boiled the crap out of it with salt and onion until tender and then placed it in the fridge to cool for the next day.

Last night, I was exhausted. So much to learn at Office #1 that I was kaput.  But I remembered I had the beans and the taco meat.  So I pulled out the chili brick and cooked it with the meat for 30 minutes.

Then, I added my beans.  It looks fattening,doesn't it?  I added some reduced fat cheese to my bowl and began to chow down.


It's really good. Can I tell you something? I was too scared to look at the list of ingredients in the chili break. Obviously they can't be healthy.

To keep from over-doing it on the chile beans, I protioned out 2 cup servings and froze. 

I think the cooking is helping me to relax.  Hey, whatever it takes, right?

I'm off to celebrate my son's 31st birthday. Gosh... I can't believe I'm that old...

Later, gators.

2 comments:

  1. I blew up the photo & read the ingredients.. It's not that bad! Mostly actual food & not chemicals. I hope things settle down at work. Glad to read your posts again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for all those changes. That can be frightening. I know that you will be able to overcome any adversity; you've come this far in life, right?

    Suerte, Amiga.

    ReplyDelete