nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chilequilles

Whew what a day... came home from zumba last night super tired and super hungry.  Not a good combination when I have chips and salsa in the house.  I knew I could not be trusted with the bag of chips so instead of drowning myself in a huge bowl, I decided to make a meal out of my chips.

I took 1 tbs. spoon of coconut oil and added a handful of chips to a small pan.

Then I cracked a couple of eggs. I wanted to use 1 egg + 1 egg white but it fell in.  Next time.

I turned the heat on low and scrambled the eggs with the corn tortilla chips. Making sure I cooked every last bit of egg.

I always keep salsa in the fridge. I made a batch of salsa verde earlier in the week. I chopped up onions, cilantro and pieces of avocado.  I plated my eggs and chips, added a large spoon full of salsa and sprinkled cotija cheese and there you have it... Chilequilles.

My  mom used to make this for us all the time. She called them "migas." Instead of chips, she would fry the corn tortillas.  I had brown rice tortillas and I could have baked them but having chips in the house and knowing how tempting they would be for me, I decided to just make a meal out of them.  It was delicious and satisfying.

I washed down my comida with a diet root beer.

Perfecto!  Then it was shower and William Levy and Dancing with the Stars. Man, that man is absolutely gorgeous... just sayin.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try that dish :)
    I love corn chips! Missed you, Paula!

    ReplyDelete