nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I am taking a break from zumba.  Hard to believe, right?  I love this class and it's intense. But the music lately is not my favorite.  Have you ever heard of Banda music?  The dances for banda music is very aerobic.  Check it out here.  It's not my favorite music and there's alot of jumping and moving around. One or two routines and I'm good.  My instructor does about 5 and then I'm not so good. I'll still attend the class but maybe once or twice a week instead of 3 days.

It's always a good idea to mix up your workouts.  I'm guilty of finding ONE THING and burning myself out.  So it's time to spice up the acitity this summer. I believe I've found a way for Daniel and I to spend time together and to stay active.  Last night, was our second time out this week enjoying the banks of the river and the bike trails.  We walked about 3 miles last night.

Just look at the view.


How lucky am I to live so close to the water? It reminds me of my childhood. I grew up in West Sacramento and our home was within walking distance of the Sacramento River. We spent many summers frolicking in the water.  It's unbelievable that I never learned to swim.  Mostly due to an over-protective mother who would shout out "Paula... don't get too close to the water. You'll drown."  Gotta love mexican mothers.


After about 3 miles, I decided to jog.  It's been a months since I jogged.  Not because I don't enjoy it but because it's rough on my knee.  It feels amazing jogging back to the car.  How I wish I  had good knees to run like real runners.

Here I am a hot, sweaty mess after jogging at a steady pace.  Not sure how far I jogged but it doesn't really matter. I was active and I was outside enjoying life. I wasn't just thinking about doing "this" or "that"... I was doing....

Next thing I know, it's getting dark. I just had to look across the water to admire the sunset. How lucky am I to live so close to nature and to be with a person who indulges me now and then in my quest for a fitter more  healthier self.  Yea, tonight was better than bouncing around to Banda.

Here's to hoping you stop and look around and live in the moment. There is beauty all around. Slow down. Take it in...

ttfn.


1 comment:

  1. I had two tears in my knees over my youth. Weak knees means weak legs. One of the things I work on a lot (especially with Kettle bell training) is getting the quads and hamstrings strong. If you do lunges and squats (especially the Jillian DVDs that built me up), you will find that your running will not be as painful. Trust me. : )

    ReplyDelete