nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

breathe.paula.breathe

that's what I keep telling myself.  Gosh, I am such an emotional eater. Okay. I'm going to be honest here. I am spoiled.  I am used to having my way. Ever since I was a kid, I usually got what I wanted.  I am not saying that I was this princess.type.who.got.everything.she.wanted. Far from it. I could tell you stories...

In my adult life, I find that it's necessary for things to occur in a certain fashion. I am methodical. I have a routine. There is order in my world. Anything that veers me off such "certainties" in my life have a tendency to frazzle me.  I can be a lilly in the wind. Don't misunderstand. I want to please.... and so when I am challenged. I take it personal.  How do I react?  I look around "oh, there are peanuts, candy, trail mix." Doesn't matter. I will eat it.  Stuffing my face is way more appealing than say, dealing with NOT GETTING MY WAY.  There. I said it.  Can you relate? Am I alone here? BE HONEST.

I work with intelligent, young adults.  They will test me just like my own kids have done and will do.  These are all natural life courses so Paula... stay away from the freakin candy.  Put your gym clothes and go to STRAIGHT to zumba.  A little cumbia and reggaton will make you smile.  Brush off the issues of the day.  So you were treated with disrespect.  Don't take it personal.  They want it their way as well.  Give a young person some authority and whew... interesting things happen. Stay calm. breathe and don't let crapola ruin your day of healthy eating and the potential to smile. Got it?

Sometimes you just gotta talk yourself down from a tree.

2 comments:

  1. When challenged I simply say "If I wanted your opinion, I would squeeze your head.' and leave it at that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude and how you talked yourself down from your tree. Very inspiring. This is my first comment on your blog. I wanted to thank you for commenting on mine...remember the post about bacon? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete